Return to the Orchids Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Phal putting out more than twenty new roots all at once

Posted by philpet none (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 1, 14 at 20:56

Hi guys, now this is not a complain but a sigh of relief. I had this phal wich bloomed for over 18 months stright I had to remove the spike for it to rest. It was in spag when I got it and by yhe time I repotted it only three roots we're left. I repotted in a bark mix in november of last year not wanting to wait any longer well its now the begining of february and this orchid has put out over twenty new roots I am amazed at it. Goes to show when an orchid want to live it put out everything. I just wanted to shere my joy with my family here. We mostly post pic with sick or dying orchid seeking advise as to how to treat a wide range of issues. Well just thought I would post a few pic of a big sucess. And of an orchid which decided your not getting rid of me that easily. :). This pic is of the entire plant lots of long nice leaves. I will post two others so you can see both the back and front of the plant. Roots everywhere. Enjoy. VELLETA.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Phal putting out more than twenty new roots all at once

Ok so this is the back of the plant or one side. Velleta

o

And this is the frt or other side. It also has maybe about six to seven branching off frm the first three root that it was left with when I repotted it. Velleta.

o

Velleta, this is awesome :) I've got one that is growing about 15 new roots, a new leaf, and two spikes (the last time it bloomed was last winter, and that was straight from the grower--with just one spike). Some of them are really troopers!

o

Never complain about roots

o

Not a complaint,terpguy OVERJOYED. Yea me. Velleta

o

Well done Velleta!! Did you use a root stimulant?

o

Thanks shavedmonkey, remember I told you in another tread that we only get superthrive here in Jamaica well I use it with 20-20-20 every other watering. Oh and I prayed a lot too 😊 that's it. But I honestly do that with all my other orchids, so I guess this one really wants to stick around 😊. Velleta

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchids Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here