Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seik4123

Lc fire Dance???

Sheila
10 years ago

A guy from our OS donated this plant to our raffle because he lost the ID stick. I won the plant. I thought it might be Fire Dance, when I looked it up the bloom photos really matched. However the photos of leaves looked like some double leaves on the plant where the plant I brought home is a unifoliate. Anyone here growing Fire Dance?

Comments (11)

• orchidnick
    10 years ago

Whatever it is, what beautiful color!

Nick

• arthurm
    10 years ago

Google Lc. Fire Dance 'Patricia' which is a widely available mericlone. I also have a seedling Lc. Fire Dance which is different. Sorry, no pic. But note that it has Uni-foliate and Bi-foliate leaves. "Patricia" is somewhere in the mess of a collection, lost for now, so I cannot say what the leaves look like.

• orchidnick
    10 years ago

I have Lc Fire Dance 'Blondie' in bloom. Looks just like yours. It's a bifoliate. Will post pictures tonight.

Nick

• Sheila
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The pictures of Patricia look just like this bloom. I've seen this plant in past years at shows and knew it's name immediately when I saw this plant.

I took this pic with the iPad, I'm not a good photographer! The actual colors are a shade darker. The orange being more what I'd call burnt orange and the lip a maroon red. The colors absolutely pop!

• orchidnick
    10 years ago

I have 'Blondie' and 'Patricia'. I'm not at home but will be tonight the one in bloom is as I described but could possibly be 'Patricia'. Will know tonight and put up a picture.

Nick

• orchidnick
    10 years ago

I have 2 of them Lc Fire Dance 'Blondie', the one in bloom, shown below and Lc Fire Dance 'Patricia', not in bloom at this time. On the internet 'Patricia' is frequently shown, cannot find a picture of 'Blondie', both look about the same.

Nick

• Sheila
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ahh Nick, your bloom color is the color of my blooms. The photo I took was outside in very bright light so that May account for the lighter/brighter color.

Blondie??? For this orchid, seems strange.

Thx for the pic.
    Sheila

• orchidnick
    10 years ago

Like I said, I have 2. 'Patricia' came from SBOE, 'Blondie' I acquired in a trade. Both look the same and I suspect at this time that both are 'Patricia' as I can not find any reference to a 'Blondie' on the internet. Can't remember who I got it from, don't consider it important as neither will win any awards. Nice strong color though I like them.

Nick

• orchidnick
    10 years ago

Just by coincidence this one, Lc Blazing Treat opened right next to 'Patricia'. Now the 2 oranges can dance.

Nick

• Sheila
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Another beauty Nick!

Sheila

• Susan Gentry
    8 years ago

I will have one opening in the next few days. I will send you a pic...sure looks like one!