Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tanie51

Orchird! Orchids!

tanie51
10 years ago

Hello Orchid Friends!

I just wanted to share a couple of pictures of orchids while I was in Vietnam for my holiday last month. I never saw so many orchids in my life! But I was not an orchid lover untill last spring and this was the first time I ever saw soo many and they grow wild just about everywhere over there. As soon as I walked out of the plane into Tan Son Nhat Airport, there were big pots of orchids in the hall ways, Beautiful purple and pink, white dedrobium and mixed of all different kind and colors phals. People hang their orchid plants on their trees just like we hang Christmas lights here. Yet when I cam to Saigon, a whole section of flowers market and most of them were cut bouque of orchids.... In the churches, Temples were all decorated with Orchid bouques, and parks and sidewalks... everywhere! When I walked by the flower shops. The amazing fragrant of orchids I never imagined.... Oh, I might move there just to grow orchids..!!.... Of course, I know some of you like Nick, Arthum, Bob, Jane many of you are living in warm climate and have thousands of orchids in your greenhouse or yards.. But for me to see orchids everywhere is a thrill...Anyways, i got all excited and took so many pictures of them. The flower shop owners were very pleased and proud because I asked them to take pictures of their flowers... Hope you'll enjoy some of the pictures and I'll have to post separate. Don't know how to multipost.

Comments (24)

• tanie51
    Original Author
    10 years ago

In the guest room.

• tanie51
    Original Author
    10 years ago

In the flower shop.

• tanie51
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Just one more! I could use 10 pages to post the pictures of orchids but I must stop! Enjoy!

Tanie

• vtandrea
    10 years ago

What a thrill that must have been! I feel the same way when I visit my daughter in Brussels and see roses blooming nearly everywhere, spring, summer and fall.

• ginnibug
    10 years ago

Oh please post more!!!!!! How beautiful!!!
    gb

• tanie51
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Alright, I'll post some more but do any of you know and willing to show me how to post more than 1 pix at a time? I saw some of you had post 2 or 3 pictures in the same post but couldn't do it.

Tanie

• orchidnick
    10 years ago

I can't do it either. Just post one at a time with minimal comments necessary. Some one told me that using Photobucket allows one to do that but I can't figure Photobucket out either so it's a moot point.

Nick

• tanie51
    Original Author
    10 years ago

In the flower shop.

• tanie51
    Original Author
    10 years ago

On the front desk of hotel.

• tanie51
    Original Author
    10 years ago

On the tree outside of the hotel.

• tanie51
    Original Author
    10 years ago

In the airport.

• tanie51
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Outside of someone's house.

• tanie51
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Another one.

• tanie51
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I better stop. Enjoy!

• meyermike_1micha
    10 years ago

My goodness!!!

ORCHID HEAVEN!!! I wish I could wake up there some day..lol

I have that orchid on the tree outside the Hotel! It smells so heavenly, right!? I love it!
    Mine is still in flower!

Please, show us some more pics....Please...I would really appreciate it..This makes me smile.

MIke

• orchidnick
    10 years ago

Reminds me of the lobbies of the Hawaiian hotels, also a heavy concentration of orchids. Beautiful.

Nick

• tanie51
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you friends! I'm just like you Mike. I could not get tired of them. My children were with me and they all laughed at me every time I said "Wait! I have to take a picture of..." then they said in chorus.. "Orchids..". Many more pictures but I should stop.

Okay, just one more! This one is outside Danang Airport.

Tanie

• auron22
    10 years ago

Lovely orchids :)

Sorry for taking this thread a different direction. About posting more than one pic at a time, websites you upload photos to can provide links for you to copy/paste onto others. The pictures act as a link to the page of whoever uploaded the pic. I use Flickr, which requires a yahoo account (I think). I'm not familiar with other websites like photobucket, but setting up a flickr account wasn't much of a hassle.

{{gwi:98132}}

{{gwi:153460}}

{{gwi:153461}}

• Leafhead
    10 years ago

I digress...
    Is that an Adonidia (Christmas) palm outside DaNang Airport?
    Great Pix, Must have been one beautiful trip to Tropical Asia.
    The birds and butterflies must have been astounding, to say the least.

• tanie51
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Leafhead (John),

I don't know it is a Christmas Palm or not. I need to stay there longer time to learn all those palm trees.

Thank you Auron for showing how to multipost the pictures. I'll find sometime to try it to see if I can do it.

Tanie

• thedogsLL
    10 years ago

Tanie, do you feel saturated with orchids yet? LOL! I wouldn't - you are SO lucky to have been able to see them, and you take awesome photos! Thank you for the beauty!

Auron - what is that orchid at the top of your 3 images?? i've tried searching, but no luck - I get the fact that I can never grow it, but I do want a name for it, please?!
    Lynn T

• auron22
    10 years ago

thedogsLL,

Odontocidium bittersweet 'toffee' :)

• thedogsLL
    10 years ago

Thank you!!

• tanie51
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Lynn, and no I'll never have enough of it! I promised myself I'll be back their soon!

Tanie