Return to the Orchids Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best online store to purchase Vanda/Ascda. orchids

Posted by BigDre none (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 15, 14 at 2:51

Hello all,

I've been looking all around the internet for a place that really specializes in these types of orchids.

Looking for young orchids, anything NBS or younger.

Any help in my search would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again,
BigDre

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best online store to purchase Vanda/Ascda. orchids

Take a look at RF Orchids. A little pricey IMO, but the 1 or 2 I've received from them as gifts were very nice. I'm sure you'll get a few more possibilities also.

Bob

Here is a link that might be useful: RF Orchids

o

I agree on RF Orchids. It is a little more money. Worth a lot more. It works fine for mail order but if you can go there it is a destination to itself.

o

Hi
where are you located?? Lauel in Palm Beach county Fla. has a huge selection many under 10 bucks !! gary

o

I live in MN

o

Is this LauRel Orchids? Do they have a website? Ship their plants? I too am interested in young vanda plants.

o

Hi
I just googled Larel and it gave everything BUT a catalog lol I know they are also a landscape and whole sale. so maybe they don't do mail order?? gary

o

Laurelorchids.com just redirects you to some Asian website..

o

I bought several Vanda family orchids from Bill Asia's ' Royal Orchid Club'. There has been some controversy as some people have very negative feelings about them. This seems to be related to plants other than vandaceous ones. Also they ship about twice a month so if you order at the wrong time you'll wait 2 weeks before you see your plants. The plants are shipped bare-root, requiring immediate attention something else some people don't like.

I have gotten a number of blooming sized vanda types from them and would recommend them for that only. Right now they have over 80 different vandaceous offerings. I would buy from them again.

Nick

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchids Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here