Return to the Orchids Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Aerangis biloba keiki?

Posted by quinnfyre z7 PA (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 3, 10 at 18:20

I didn't know they even did this. I have a keiki growing at the end of a spent spike on my Aerangis biloba. I tend to just leave the spent spikes on there until they look like they will come off easily, and in any case, I haven't done that much maintenance on this case in a while anyway. Looks like maybe that turned out to be a good thing? I was adjusting the lights because both biloba and mystacidii are going orange in a major way, and checking for snails, and I saw the keiki. Fascinating.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Aerangis biloba keiki?

That's awesome - do you have a photo?

o
RE: Aerangis biloba keiki?

Not yet. I can try taking one sometime this week. I'm way behind on photos to upload. Also, it's an exciting discovery, but a little underwhelming looking at the moment. It's basically a little nubbin of leaf with a bit of root growing at the end of the old spike, hidden behind a mass of roots. We'll see if I can sneak in there and get a pic. Biloba's entrenched itself pretty solidly in my case, so I can't remove it anymore. Actually, I'm not quite sure what is removable and what is not, which wasn't the original intention, but at this point, I can't move anything that is in that case to any other case anyway, due to the bush snails issue. So they might as well all be permanently attached, ha.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchids Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here