Return to the Orchids Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Orchid help!

Posted by xiach Northern california (My Page) on
Fri, May 20, 11 at 0:16

I rescued an orchid from the office. Didn't repot it or anything, just started watering with orchid food and giving it sufficient sun. It grew 2 new leaves though small about 2 fingers width. The old leaves seem a bit wilted. It also grew 2 new roots though above the potting mix. I was just wondering if it will bloom? Do I need to repot it? Anything else I should do?

Here are some pictures
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=chenj07&target=ALBUM&id=5608644099366569537&authkey=Gv1sRgCML02fywrJu6Kw&feat=email

Does anyone know what kinda orchid?

Here is a link that might be useful: Orchid pictures

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Orchid help!

You have a Phalaenopsis orchid. A mountain of information on the web and on this site in past threads. Just google Phalaenopsis culture on the web or put Phalaenopsis in the search box on the top of this discussions page.

The growth of new roots and new leaves shows that you on track. Roots above the mix are OK.

o
RE: Orchid help!

Yes Phalaenopsis. You seem to have got off to a good start so I wouldn't do anything different for at least a year. Phals can be slow to rebloom so be patient...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchids Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here