Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cucka_gw

phal obsession :)

Cucka
9 years ago

I am really obsessed about Phal:-) Where is the line where is still normal and where it starts to get crazy? :) Are you also obsessed?

Comments (13)

• Cucka
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Obsession :)

• terpguy
    9 years ago

If you're obsessed with those dime store hybrids, then you'll really appreciate Phalaenopsis bellina ;)

• Cucka
    Original Author
    9 years ago

It does not matter where they are from and how much money they cost, this is about the joy of them. Thanks for recommendation :)

• allymarie
    9 years ago

BEWARE, Cucka, the obsession gets much worse.I still hide my orchid purchases from my husband.LOL

Allymarie

• terpguy
    9 years ago

Cucka, FYI that was "said" tongue-in-cheek and not meant to be taken literally :-)

• Cucka
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Allymarie, my husband still tolerates me, even pays bills for my ,,obsession,,. Today I received one from him :) so that's not too bad with me :))

• Cucka
    Original Author
    9 years ago

terpguy 7, I have a little problem with understanding,, tongue-in-cheek expressions. I come from Slovakia and my English is not perfect in this way :)

• terpguy
    9 years ago

It's no problem. Sarcasm doesn't always translate to text very well. It's just a fact of life on online forums.

• philpet
    9 years ago

I know the feeling cucka,I have 32 of them(phals) and I keep promising myself not to buy another one,but the minute I see a colour I don't have,I end up getting it lol.alleymarie I have to do the same thing with my husband and those are only my phals,not to mention the other varieties that I haveðÂÂÂ.velleta

• orchidnick
    9 years ago

We all do our little tricks to pretend to fool our significant others and they pretend to be fooled. Out here we have the $7.50 table at SBOE which is well known. Every one of my plants came from that table, even if it was a $150.00 Dendrobium speciosums. "Got it from the $7.50 table" was the standing joke.

Nick

• terpguy
    9 years ago

You're so right nick. I just try to sneak it it. But my SO has never been fooled and never fails to notice that new plant among the masses.

• lauraeli_
    9 years ago

I love this. My SO has the main source of income in our household. I buy new plants (Shoes, etc.) on credit, and then thank him "SO MUCH" for 'buying it for me'. He finds it amusing even on the worst day. He says he would buy me the world though. He's my best friend :-)

(My credit is excellent, btw)

• dakota01
    9 years ago

I'm also obsessed with Phals! If I had more and better windows I'd be in big trouble.
    I recently got one to rebloom and OMG it is so perfect and the flowers are so huge that it looks fake.