Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
orchidnick

Why does it take the USDA 5 days to examine a few plants.

orchidnick
11 years ago

I just received a parcel of Cyps from Fraser's Thimble Farm. This is the third time I have received goods from them over the last couple of years. They ship from British Columbia, Canada, use express mail and their parcels arrive in 3 days.

This time our beloved Agriculture Department inspected the plants, found everything to their satisfaction and then passed the plants one to me. It took them 5 days to inspect a handful of plants and by the time I got them (8 days in transit), they were in sad shape. 3 are yellow and look like they won't survive, the others are still green but have been bent at weird angles because of thoughtless repacking. Leaves and buds broken, some squashed.

I can see where we need to protect our Ag industry from foreign invasive pests but 5 days to inspect a shoe box size order and then repacking them carelessly makes my blood boil. I thought they are working FOR us not AGAINST us. All the documents were in order, the plants were clean and they got a clean bill of health but FIVE days!!!

Yuk.

Nick

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH