Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
craziiicarl

Finally Got My New Phal!

CraziiiCarl
11 years ago

All,

First of all I would like to thank the people who helped me with my first orchid. Even though it died it really was a great learning experience!

Second, I wanted to share the pictures of my new Phal! At first I had a hard time deciding what orchid to get but I ended up going with "Green Apple" because it was a unusual color and the red inside the lip really complimented the light green. The company I got it from said they were going to trim the current spike before shipping but even though they did that they send the top two flowers for me to enjoy (picture number 2 below) and the nice green color is by no means displayed in it full glory by the picture. I was really surprised at how nice the plant was! For $20 dollars I thought I was going to get a big box store quality orchid but it has a really nice root system and 5 good size leaves! I let the pictures do the rest of the talking!

Thanks for all your help,

Carl

P.S. I read some were that green roots mean water levels are fine and you can tell its time to water when the turn silver/grey. Is this true?

{{gwi:175236}}

{{gwi:175239}}

{{gwi:175245}}

{{gwi:175247}}

{{gwi:175250}}

Comments (4)