Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rwood24_gw

Help asap going out of town! What about my orchids

rwood24
13 years ago

Okay Tom evening I'm going to visit my mom 4 hours away til Monday ( will be gone 72 hours). My concern is my orchids as I constantly mist which I won't beable todo this. I'm not to concerned about watering. But let me know if I should be. Lighting is a pain as I use half sunlight and half artificial. I'll need timers I assume. I've got a variety of all types, phal, paph, vanda, dendro, oncid, lycaste, bulb, catts, rene marques, b nodosas, I'm sure I forgot some. So I have them all growing in did parts of house. I plan to leave ac set about 72 auto. I have a neighbor that I could ask to help out but last week somebody stole my boys ps3 from his house and right now I trust nobody in the neighborhood. So any advice on how to leave successfully for 3 days and come back to orchids fine I have no money for humidifier at the moment. But I use tons of trays with water and rocks. My humidity is norm 50-55% I'm pretty sure it's gonna drop by the second. I need help I almost don't want to leave as 3 are in bud and I've never seen bloom. Any advice is much appreciated! Have a great weekend everyone.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz