Return to the Orchids Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vanda ID please

Posted by dewaine_2008 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 23, 11 at 18:28

My wife's Vanda is blooming for the first time and I lost the tag. Hoping someone can ID the variety.

Thanks,

Dewaine
Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vanda ID please

You are asking the almost impossible, your only hope is that this is a widely grown mericlone that someone has and will recognise.

Just as an example of the number of registered hybrids involved a search of the Genera Vanda with a in the grex name gives 2549 names.

Lovely orchid.

o

Hi
Would have to agree with arthurm It's obviously a hybrid and a gazillion types especially purple. You can do like me and make up your own names lol
Gorgeous epiphyte garden you got going there !!! Where are you located.?? I'm doing something similar using whateveer I have . Mainly to reduce the maintenence
but is a fun way to garden . gary

o

Understood. Thanks much for your replies. We're in W. Covina, So. California Gary. That big old Camphor tree seems to really enjoy being the host for a multitude of plants.

Thanks again for your help.

Dewaine

o

Dewaine, it's hard to tell from the photo, but are any of your orchids growing directly on the Camphor tree? It's a very common tree here in Southern California and I've often wondered whether it would be a suitable host for epiphytic orchids.

We grow many of the same plants. I live in Glendale...you and your wife should come over for a tour of my collection some time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchids Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here