Return to the Orchids Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone into mini/ultra-mini cymbidiums?

Posted by rredbbeard SE CT USA/zone 6 (rredbbeard@yahoo.com) on
Wed, Jun 22, 11 at 20:42

I haven't had cymbidiums for a very long time, largely due to space limitations, but I purchased 2 mini's from Hausermann's this winter, so I'm getting psyched for them again. I have 'Magenta', and 'Pinkie'. Actually I have 4 of 'Pinkie'--much to my delight there were 4 little seedlings packed in one pot when I repotted last week, and I may post one for trade in a while, but only for another mini. The leaves of Pinkie are grass-like, which Is how I missed the extra babies...

Now I'm looking at plants from the Santa Barbara Orchid Estate--will probably be the next place I buy from.

--Rr

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone into mini/ultra-mini cymbidiums?

You might also check with New World Orchids.

I've seen a couple ultra mini's at shows but the price tag has been out of my budget.

o

Hmmm...I see ultra-mini's @ SBOE for $25-35, which doesn't seem too horrible. What kind of outlandish prices did you see at the shows?

--Rr

o

Not sure if Parkside Orchid has them, but you might want to check there. If they aren't listed on the website, I would give them a call.

Sarah

Here is a link that might be useful: Parkside Orchids

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchids Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here