Return to the Orchids Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some Orchid Problems

Posted by georgetoo Chapala Mexico (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 16, 10 at 16:27

Pics 1,2 & 3 Epicatt "Charlie Brown" Do I have a problem here? Is this rot?

Pic 4 is a NOID catt with large white flowers and good fragrance. It may be a species. It was grown in a hanging basket and I would not have bought it but large white fragrant catts are rare in this market. My question is will I hurt it to repot it at this time. It has 3 new pbs about 5" long.

Pic 5 is a big box net NOID that I brought down in 2007. This year it put out 2 sheaths which are yellowing and empty. My question is will it do any harm to repot at this time?

Pic 6 MTDM 'Scent of a Woman' Throw in an onc problemj. I have been calling the spotting on the leaves sunburn. I can't see any appreciable difference in the last month.
Would an onc grower comment please.

Pic 7 for the heck of it...Only catt bloomer in my house at this time.

TIA george

Here is a link that might be useful: Pics

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some Orchid Problems

Just a fast comment. George, except in an amergency, always try to repot orchids at the time when they are putting out a flush of new roots. They will reestablish more quickly at that time. With some orchids, notably bifoliate Catts, you can actually kill the plant by repotting at other phases in their growth cycle.

Is the spotting on the Miltonidium only on older leaves, or are new leaves getting it too?

o
RE: Some Orchid Problems

CJ thanks for your input. The white is a bifoliate and I'll be waiting for the next flush of roots even though the medium is pretty decomposed.

The miltonidium shows NO spotting on the new leaves. Thanks again there as I should have checked that myself. Logical.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchids Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here