Return to the Orchids Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LC Big Time 'nn' ?

Posted by Kimhh none (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 31, 13 at 18:44

Hi all ,
I've bought this orchid at Traders Joe and the name tag says " LC Big Time 'nn' " . I googled and couldn't find any infos about this orchid . The flower's pic looks similar to SC Crystelle Smith except for the curled lip . Could somebody tell me if it's a SC Crystelle Smith or something else ? It's compact < 1 ' tall and the flowers is peach/pink and about 2" wide and very fragrant during the afternoon . Thank you for your help .

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LC Big Time 'nn' ?

• Posted by arthurm Sydney, NSW AUST (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 1, 13 at 18:34

There is a register of orchid hybrids kept at Kew in England.
I had a look and couldn't find any "Cattleya" orchid registered as BIg Time or variations on that name.
There are thousands upon thousands of registered "Cattleya" hybrids and because it costs ten english pounds to register a hybrid, many people do not bother to register their crosses.
Sorry, but i think you have an Unknown or NOID orchid hybrid.

o
RE: LC Big Time 'nn' ?

Hi Arthurm ,

I pretty much think so too , a NOID orchid . Thank you so much for taking time and researching for me .

Best regards,

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchids Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here