Return to the Orchids Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NOID Encyclia

Posted by leeflea 7a (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 9, 12 at 5:41

This NOID Encyclia has bloomed for the first time since I bought it three years ago. It has not scent but has been blooming for a little over 2 months even through 100 degree temps.
I apologize if I have posted this in the wrong place but I just can't figure out how to post pics. in the photo gallery.
This orchid has been outside for the most part since the weather warmed.
I'd so appreciate it if someone would give me tips on how to post pics into the Gallery.
Leeflea.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NOID Encyclia

The other thing you can do is to ge to the internet orchid photographic encyclopedia. http://www.orchidspecies.com/indexe-ep.htm . At this site he lists over 200 Encyclia, look them over, your plant is amongst them.

Nick

o

Thank you Nick for taking the time to post what you did. Indeed, I'll go to the site you were kind enough to list. I never knew such a site existed.
Regards,
Leeflea.

o

No problem. Jay Phal's site is very useful, I live on it. Only problem is that he lists every Encyclia known to man and will drive you crazy. You can also look to see what the big vendors have to offer. Andy ( http://www.andysorchids.com/AlphaList.asp?Alpha=%27E%27&Page=1 ) for example lists only about 20 Encyclia. Unless yours is a hybrid, in which case you'll never ID it, it probably is one of the ones he or J&L, and a few others have for sale. I'd go there first.

Nick

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchids Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here