Return to the Orchids Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Strange clear spots on Howeara

Posted by granniek SC Texas (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 6, 14 at 14:05

These aren't the usual black freckling that troubles the oncidium genera. When the plant is backlit, they look like clear spots on the green leaves. Even the newest growth, now in bloom, has some of these spots. ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Strange clear spots on Howeara

Not so worried anymore. Looking at photos of other Howeara plants, I noticed these same type spots on other plants and no comments about anyone being concerned about them.

o

FWIW: It looks troublesome to me. It's been a lot of years since I grew one of these, but I don't remember it having those type of spots?

I'd keep it separate from the herd until I was sure.

Bob

o

I agree with Bob, very odd. Never saw this either.

Jane

o

I find that Howeara leaves are easily damaged. I often have spots on my leaves but I am not always sure why. Some times it is due to mechanical damage like hail storms. I am not sure about the other causes. Either way, my spots are unsightly but don't appear to be more than that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchids Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here