Return to the Orchids Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Orange Phalaenopsis????

Posted by counselor4444 6A NJ (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 3, 08 at 21:07

I'd like to get a true orange phalaenopsis. (Not a pale apricot or a salmon) I've seen online the Ascps Jiaho Orange. Does anyone have this? Is it a true orange? Does it stay orange? Or does it fade? This is also a mini phal right? (I'm not sure if I want a mini/compact or a regular size) And how does care for an Ascps differ from a phal?

And are there any others out there? TIA!

Deb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Orange Phalaenopsis????

Have you tried looking at Normans Orchids? usually has all the latest ones.~Charm

o

• Posted by jamcm Ottawa Area, Canada (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 3, 08 at 23:12

I have the cross. It looks more orange than anything I've seen so far, but it still has a bit of a coral overcast. As for growing it... Asconopsis is a cross between an Ascocentrum, which needs high light, and a Phal, which needs medium-low light. That's one confused plant! I haven't had mine that long, but there are reports that other Asconopsis are slow growers and often a problem to bloom.

Hope this helps.

Julie

o

Is this the correct shade of orange? Baldan's has this for sale on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=140263083309

In any case, it sure caught my eye...

jeanne

o

Thanks guys. yeah, i saw the one on ebay. considering...

o

I have that one on my "wish list" at Normans...

o

This one IS orange but segues to reddish at the bottom. Reminds me of embers in a fire . . . oh . . guess that's where it got its name !!! LOL !

P. Shenandoah Fire 'Ember'
P. Shenandoah Fire 'Ember'

Chryss

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchids Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here