Return to the Orchids Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Possible Angraecum sesquipedale Problem?

Posted by sphinxbug (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 9, 10 at 13:55

Ive had this angraecum sesquipedale for about a year and it was doing well i think. then the growth slowed down during the summer which i thought was a little weird but it was ok. just this week i checked the top of the plant and tugged on the upper leaf lightly to see if it was still attached and then the leaf moved a lot. i noticed that the leave rooted at the base or something to that effect. the leaf was fine it was only the base that was the problem. what im wondering is will this plant recover or is it doomed?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Possible Angraecum sesquipedale Problem?

By the description you give it seems water rotted the crown. Angraecum's will send out growths along the stem. So if the plant still has healthy meristem tissue left on down the stem it can send out a new growth. I would pour hydrogen peroxide on the rotted area and then water carefully. This is usually a period of active growth for mine so hopefully it will send out a new growth.

o
RE: Possible Angraecum sesquipedale Problem?

thanks a lot. the crown only shows that local damage. there is still green tissue in the crown. but thanks for the good news.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchids Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here