Return to the Orchids Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Orchid an acid loving plant?

Posted by boothbay 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 18, 12 at 14:45

I had bought a Miraclea Acid fertilizer awhile back for some of my tomato plants. Just recently, i noticed that there was a list of other plants that this fertilizer was good for. Among the list was Orchid. I didn't know this. The numbers are 30-10-10..I was always under the impression that the middle number had to be higher than the 2 side numbers in order to stimulate the plant to bloom. I called Miracle gro and they said that 10% is high enough to make it bloom, but I contradicted them by saying the "30" would initiate leaf growth more..and he denied that. Now I am confused...any thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Orchid an acid loving plant?

If you have a very large mixed collection of orchids you will find that some of them will bloom at times when high Nitrogen fertilizer is being used i.e in the warmer months of the year. In my opinion bloom booster is bulldust.
Here is a link to a previous thread that contains much useful information.

Here is a link that might be useful: Previous discussion

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchids Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here