Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
badanobada

bulbophyllum pardalotum culture

badanobada
9 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Got this bulbo one day earlier this year... i only really like to grow mini mini orchids and/or temperature tolerant miniatures to small orchids... and this guy turned out bigger than I really wanted for something I'd have to keep inside in the orchid case (a 10gl aquarium).

So rather annoyed for it's size and it's rambling habit i just took it out of it's plastic pot, stuck it in the corner over the gravel base and thought i'd eventually trade it off or something... except it stayed in the corner, basically sitting in water, and appears to be growing ok and now is blooming. (it had originally blew new growths and lost leaves in beginning, and I'm a bit shocked it's actually growing and now blooming)

So do I leave it? I mean it may be happy now but in long term, who knows... or stay safe and just mount it on something? I'm not kidding you- i have pbulbs with no leaves along rhizome just sitting in word (and not rotting though)... is this plant really that water loving?

Another note I just freed up a 5gl that I'm going to use for another case of mini's... if it flowers all the time and this easy culturewise think I could make it a focal point on new case?

bada

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths