Return to the Orchids Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
maxillaria Parviflora

Posted by orchidpunk swfl (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 18, 10 at 17:46

I just got a maxillaria parviflora in the mail and it suffered on its shipping to me!!! It is a pendulous grower and the bulbs that are with roots are brown and not doing well. Will the bulbs that are hanging grow roots if I cut it off and remount the green bulbs. Any other info that you may be able to provide would be helpful.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: maxillaria Parviflora

I don't have the parviflora but many of the Max's climb with each new growth higher than the next.

I do mount these to climb up the mount. I wouldn't cut off the old pbulbs because you never know what they are capable of plus they supply nutrients to the newer growths. You may have to secure each new growth until the roots grab.

Some of the Max's can be really hard to contain.

Brooke

o
RE: maxillaria Parviflora

My Max tenuifolia's staked in a pot. (I'll do 'most anything to avoid having another mountie. :)) The plant has sent out 2 new growths from the lowest, oldest green pbulbs, as well as from one of the newest at the top.

Beneath the green pbs are 2 brown, shriveled up pbs. As new roots have grown, they've kinda "buried" those 2, so they're down in the medium now. Maybe those need to be cut off. So far I haven't, and the plant seems happy - blooming and everything.

I hope your parviflora takes off.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchids Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here