Return to the Orchids Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Source of Pleione.

Posted by orchidnick z9Ca (orchidnick@yahoo.com) on
Wed, Nov 10, 10 at 10:59

Just enjoying the gorgeous bloom of Pleione precox, one of the fall bloomers. Have Pleione formosana and would like to lay on some more. Fraser's Thimble Farms has a good variety of them for sale but I always like to check out the competition.

I remember a good source of Pleiones originating in Canada, either Saskatchewan or Manitobe which I looked at many years ago. Does anyone know who they are, does anyone know a good source of Pleiones other than Fraser's?

Nick

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Source of Pleione.

Santa Barbara Orchid Estates

If you buy from them please let me know by email. I have tried to buy plants from them over the past several years and it is like they are unavailable or will get back to me but do not. I do not like to recommend a place, even though I worked there once years ago, that does not follow up on potential sales.

Huntington Beach Orchids

They are listed as sold out, only 1 formosana. You may want to email to see if or when they will be available again.

List of Pleione dealers in UK and elsewhere

Have no idea how current this is but the USA link is dead.

Orchid Wire listing

Looks current

Fraser's is Canadian.

o

I got my precox from Marnie Turkel, the formosana from SBOE. Fraser seems to have the best selection so I'll buy from them. I live in SBOE's area so have never bought from them other than direct walk-off.

Nick

o

>List of Pleione dealers in UK and elsewhere
> >Have no idea how current this is but the USA link
>is dead.

According to Hana Farms' Facebook page, they seemed to have closed shop at the end of September this year. It's a pity because when I visited their site earlier this year they seemed to have had a reasonably sized list of Pleione available.

Nick,
I wonder whether you could contact the old owner of Hana Farms via the contact details on the link below to see if he's willing to sell Pleione privately.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hana Farms contact details (Wayback Machine)

o

Dunno if this is a good resource, but the Terrestrial Orchid Forum has a sub-forum for Pleiones.

Here is a link that might be useful: Terrestrial Orchid Forum

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchids Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here