Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
heather__michigan

Buds Drying up

Heather__Michigan
14 years ago

The last three buds of my new phal are turning dark and drying up, The plant is healthy and has been watered but not kept wet. Any idea why this is happening? The buds on the other spike look fine so far.

Thanks for reading.

Comments (5)

• heth
    14 years ago

Hello Heather, always great to find someone with the same name! When phals are in bloom/bud they like to be watered a day or so sooner than usual. I'd love to see pictures of your plant!

• Heather__Michigan
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Heth, I would love to post pictures, I have tried a few times but it always tells me my image is bigger than 60 kilobytes and I don't know how to change that. I would love some advice. Facebook lets me post photos.
    I wondered if it got too dry for blooming, I didn't want to water it too much because it is new,(I don't know why that makes sense to me) =)

• heth
    14 years ago

If the pictures are on the web, you can right click on the image and select "copy image location" and then on your post write with no spaces except for between img and src.
    Or you can make a link to the page that has the pictures on the bottom of the post where it says "Optional Link URL"
    Hope this helps:)

• sweetcicely
    14 years ago

Hi Heather,

If you have Microsoft Office Picture Manager on your computer, you can use it to resize and/or crop your pictures (or tweak them in other ways).

It is a good idea to make a copy of the picture you want to change, in order to preserve the original photo. Make your changes on the Copy.

If I double click a picture (or Copy) in my picture file, it will come up in the Picture Manager program window. If you have it, you can look over the menus to get your bearings, then click Help (rt. end of menu across the top) and type something like How to crop picture, or How to resize picture, into the Help topic slot. Help will give you several instructions.

It takes a few tries and some adjusting to get the picture the way you want it, but no changes are permanent until you Save them. The number of kb are listed on the resize or crop page, so that you can adjust it until it is the size you want. Also, if you right click on the finished picture, and select Properties, you will see the total kb listed at the bottom of the details.

I still can only submit pics to the Gallery, but little by little I'm learning. :)

Sweetcicely

• aachenelf z5 Mpls
    14 years ago

It's sure a lot easier to simply download your photo to a photo hosting site. Once it's there you simply embed it in your post on this forum. Each of these sites usually offer a variety of photo sizes to pick from, so you can make your photo as small or as large as your want. Couldn't be simpler.

Kevin