Return to the Orchids Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New growth growing horizontal??

Posted by zgardennut zone5 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 2, 10 at 21:54

My cattelaya the new growth is laying down instead of standing up. It is healthy and green and firm but it won't fit on the shelf like this. How or can I train them to stand up??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New growth growing horizontal??

They got a mind of their own. Get used to it.

Nick

o
RE: New growth growing horizontal??

Very carefully, ease a plastic p-nut under it and every few days,ease it further toward its base, then increase the thickness of the wedge. Face it away from the light source and it will slowly change direction of growth.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchids Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here