Return to the Orchids Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Reddish Vanda leaves & brown spots Catt

Posted by forapple USDA9 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 6, 10 at 23:11

These last two weeks had been crazy so today I just had a chance to look at my new collection closely. After their morning bath, I noticed that the top leaves of my new Vanda have some reddish tint but otherwise they look OK. I wonder if this is something of concern or not. When I looked at the old pic took two weeks ago, it seems to be there since then it but it is spreading. It was in full sun half of the day, is it too much sun? But my other Vanda doesn't have this issue.

This is the pic of the leaves two weeks ago...
DSC09260

This is what they look like today

DSC09405

And my 2nd pot of the "Lemon Chiffon" Catt also has some brown spots on a bulb and two of the leaves. The spots on the leaves are near the joints (name?).
DSC09396

Thanks,
Apple

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Reddish Vanda leaves & brown spots Catt

the red leaves are from a lot of strong sun. they don't really hurt the plant, but you can move it back from the window a bit.

o
RE: Reddish Vanda leaves & brown spots Catt

Thanks, Cody. I will move it in a little more.

Does anyone know about the spots on my Cattleya?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchids Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here