Return to the Orchids Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ordinary plastic plant pots with holes on the side.

Posted by allymarie ZONE 10 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 8, 13 at 23:36

Hello,

Has anyone seen the wonderful videos on You Tube of Brad's Greenhouse?In some of the videos I noticed he has orchids in regular plastic pots that have holes on the sides.The holes are all neatly punctured or drilled in the side of the plastic pots.This is a sure way to get more air to the roots.The best part is plastic pots are cheap.Does anyone in this forum knows where to purchase these plastic pots or how to drill holes into the pots?I would ask Brad himself but I am unable to post a comment on You Tube.Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Allymarie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ordinary plastic plant pots with holes on the side.

Cal west tropicals is a major vendor that would have thigs like that. You could also go to a local garden center/nursery and ask for a couple plastic pots and add the holes yourself.

o

A drill would surely work for adding hole to plastic pots but an old fashion ice pick would be a lot easier.

o

Gardener's Supply (based in Burlington, VT) sells several sizes of plastic pots for orchids with holes on the sides and the indented cone on the bottom to help get air to the roots. Very inexpensive.

o

I'm not aware of anyone in our area selling pots with holes in them so I make my own. 1/2" drill works fine.

Nick

o

Thanks for the info everyone, you all are so helpful and knowledgeable. I borrowed my son-in -law's drill with a triangular bit and it did the job.I got nice holes in my clear plastic pots.My orchids should be happy in them.

Allymarie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchids Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here