Return to the Orchids Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cymbidium Finlaysonianum Culture?

Posted by joss-1 (jossm@att.net) on
Tue, Dec 24, 13 at 13:29

Does anyone grow cymbidium finlaysonianum? I've been growing mine for about 7 years. Its on the large side, but it never blooms. Also half of the leaves are green and half are yellowish. I grow it outdoors in South Florida and I think my problem is with my watering... Does anyone know how much to water this orchid Summer/Winter? I'm growing it bare-root. It was attached to a large wood basket, but that rotted away over the years. Another problem might be the lighting. I had it in dappled sun/shade, but I recently moved it to a little bit brighter area in the fork of a royal Poinciana tree, in a low fork so that it still gets the brighter light. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, Joss

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cymbidium Finlaysonianum Culture?

• Posted by arthurm Sydney, NSW AUST (My Page) on
    Tue, Dec 24, 13 at 14:54

It should be a doddle to grow and bloom in South Florida.

"Brighter Light" the Cymbidium fanciers here grow their babies under an appropriate shade-rated shade-cloth so the plants get all day filtered sunlight.

Do you fertilise the plant every so often with a complete fertiliser?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchids Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here