Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lilyroseviolet

Happy Day of the Green

lilyroseviolet
19 years ago

Hope you all got to touch something green today, and hopefully it ws healthy.

Happy St Paddy Day to All

Sue ( currently in Penn. on route to Missouri to see Spring!)

I did see some lawn today that was turning a nice shade of green off the interstate today! After coming from a few feet of snow coverage in Maine it was very nice to see!

Comments (3)

• marshallz10
    19 years ago

As this areas continues approaching a record rainy season, the hills and fields have become lush and green. What I remember most about growing up in NH and MA were the many shades of green put out by plants in Spring. Of course, on St. Paddy's day, we were often in the grip of winter. We paid a lot more attention to celebrating the day, not only wearing the Green but eating and drinking same.

• althea_gw
    19 years ago

I planted a rooted shamrock cutting from my late Grandmother's plant. It was, and hopefully will continue to be healthy.

The small amount of outdoor green revealed by melting winter snow is being quickly covered by 3-4 inches of early spring snow currently falling.

• Organic_johnny
    19 years ago

Greening up a bit around here...crocus, snowdrops, skunk-cabbage, and bittercress are all flowering here, daffodils look like they'll be open in a few days.

I was at my father's office for the St. Pat's party...was amazed when I stepped out for a smoke that I could hear peepers across the road! For me, that's the big sign!