Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dmb33

Alcohol

dmb33
18 years ago

I have a bottle of Metaxa. I purchased it on the reccomendation of a friend. But I don't like the taste of it. Can this be composted?? Can it be considered organic?? Would this be a green or a brown?? Will the alcohol content kill the worms/microherd if I pour it on my pile or my garden?? Should I cook it down first to get the alcohol content out of it?? I mean, I am really concerned about the condition of the soil way underground and if adding the bottle of Metaxa would have any detrimental effects.

Thanks in advance.

DMB33

Comments (6)

• forest_er
    18 years ago

The best thing is to use it for what it was made for, pawn it off on someone else?.....JMO

• squeeze
    18 years ago

yes, if you won't drink it, give it to someone who will - do not add to compost or soil, not green or brown, poison - "cooking it down" will not improve it

Bill

• Organic_johnny
    18 years ago

Might be good for sterilizing pruners?

• SunnySurprise
    18 years ago

Hi DMB

Chicken feathers, Chicken feathers.....

• poppysc7
    18 years ago

I think if you add the Metaxa to the pile you will only enhance your microheard. You know that Metaxa takes a bit of getting used to, after the inital burn you are left with a warm glow.

• joule
    18 years ago

Hey DMB if you don't ever get used to the Metaxa you can always send it to me. Nothing better than having Metaxa in your kitchen.