Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wayne_5

organic forum...1996 style

Here is an old forum from the past. Is anyone still around now?

http://web.archive.org/web/19961231224608/gardenweb.com/forums/organic/

You will need to copy and paste.

Comments (13)

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    18 years ago

Well I'm here - I wasn't there for the 1st page, I guess, but must've found G'web soon after that.I recall my son was in middle school & I used his Mac powerbook while he was @ school - it was the only computer in the house @ the time.

Not too many others that I know of from way back then - except maybe Alfie & vgkg.

I still see comments from Traute, but I think she uses a different moniker now.I think more than a few folks changed/updated their screen names when G'web started requiring registration.Others dropped off, so it's a bit difficult to say....?

So where'd you find that page, Wayne?

• wayne_5 zone 6a Central Indiana
    Original Author
    18 years ago

So where'd you find that page, Wayne?

Well, Carol, I found it on GW on a search for archives. You can go to other years if it says: "Not found in archive." by clicking on the highlighted link.

• marshallz10
    18 years ago

Interesting. I wasn't around until I upgraded out of 3.l.l Windows to Windows 98 in 1999. Took too long to open pages but I did lurk from about 1998.

• vgkg Z-7 Va
    18 years ago

That pre-dates my arrival here. It was around 1999 when I first had internet access via web tv.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wayne's link

Original Author
    18 years ago

Here's one for you Vgkg.

Here is a link that might be useful: Vgkg link

• Clare
    18 years ago

Hey, I'm on that archived page and I'm still here. I've been hanging around GW for just over ten years now. I hesitate to even mention that because I've learned that some people think I'm bragging or holding myself above others when I mention i've been here a while. But that's not it. It still amazes me that a misfit like myself found somewhere to hang out online where I could want to be there that long. Whoda thunk it?

I see only two names on that page that I do not recognize--Terry and Mandy Salmon. I think at least a third of these people are still here, though using different names. One of them has not posted here in years, but I keep in contact with her almost daily. She wrote FAQs for some of the forums early on.

• vgkg Z-7 Va
    18 years ago

Thanks for the blast from the past Wayne, brings back a few memories of the 01' garden at the old homestead. Not too many folks post their garden updates nowadaze, perhaps because the journal threads are in the newer conversations zone rather than directly on the Vegetable forum. Either that or they eventually grew weary of my monthly blatherings, ha.

Original Author
    18 years ago

Vgkg,

I've noticed that on a forum like Farm Life that the journal moderator seems to change after a while...probably burnout or changing interests.

• marshallz10
    18 years ago

How yu do dat? Pull up early postings by individuals?

Original Author
    18 years ago

Some pages are archived by some outfit. Most are not. If you open some pages, other links and listings appear.

• marshallz10
    18 years ago

Which "outfits"?

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    18 years ago

I found it @ the Wayback Machine....

Here is a link that might be useful: Wayback

• althea_gw
    18 years ago

Fun Wayne. I wish more of the old threads were still available. The majority pulled up a Whoops! screen. I tried posting on one of the available threads but found the "get" wasn't implemented for preview, so the posting failed.

I started lurking from work in the mid to late 90's. The 28k modem at home at that time didn't allow any real surfing or active posting.

Clare, I'm amazed so many of those people are still here and that your friendship from the forum has also endured.