Return to the Organic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spray n Grow

Posted by little_minnie 4 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 31, 14 at 20:55

I heard good things about Spray and Grow. I thought I would ask about it before I place an order. I am just planning on the Spray and Grow and Coco Wet and not the fertilizer since I have very high P and high K.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spray n Grow

Why use it unless you know you need the micronutrient help? ...especially at it's expensive price point.

I find it to be an overpriced seemingly kelp-heavy (given what it promises to deliver that they bother to share) mixture. It also has a long history of deceptive and to-the-moon promises. They used to sell it with wild promises on QVC and their own company literature is extremely sketchy.

Unless you have more money to burn than time, and you actually need it...I guess it's fine, but the hype on it is extremely unwarranted and they present extreme findings on it's use as "normal."

You can bet that if it did even a 1/4 of the performance they claim in their literature that large/medium agriculture farmers would gladly pay the $100-$120 a gallon of the magic elixir they claim they produce.

o

What does a good reliable soil test tell you about the nutrients in the soil?
What nutrients do you think you are missing and need to supplement?
Keep in mind that you can create more problems with excess nutrients. Spraying something more than likely is simply a waste of your time, energy, and money.

o

I have only tested P, K, cal, mag and OM and ph. The micronutrients are not included in the U of M tests. So I know my cal and mag is high but cannot know about the micronutrients. I know I do not need the fertilizer but I was wondering just about the Spray n Grow due to my neighbor farmer's results.

o

If you type Spray n Grow in the search bar you can find many discussions and reviews about it.

Dave

Here is a link that might be useful: Spray n Grow discussions and reviews

o

What is your neighbors soil like in comparison to yours?
Amount of organic matter?
Soil pH?
Levels of P, K, Ca., Mg. etc. ?
Does that neighbor follow the same growing practices you do with the exception of the Spray and Grow?
Does that neighbor use synthetic "fertilizers"?
Are the neighbors plants adversely affected by insect pests and plant diseases more than yours?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here