Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_lander

Crazy vegetable

organic_lander
12 years ago

I looked over forum selection and did not see a forum that might work for this question. I garden organic so I thought might as well post my question here.

We had a very bad spring down here in zone 8b. I was planting, then having to plant some more because of weather conditions. If a plant looked bad I would just plant another transplant or direct sow some seed right next to the unhealthy seedlings. Later on I would make the decision of which plants I would keep. Well nature did the work for me so I went on and just did not give it another thought until yesterday. I have two heirloom crookneck squash plants that I thought was only one plant, the stems of the squash are only about two inches apart. Well let me tell you what those two plants have gone crazy. They just started forming girls over the past few days (all of the other squash plants are all ready setting fruit) and one of them has nine girls and the other four. Whats going on here? Did I create some kind of SUPER SQUASH PLANT?

Comment (1)