Return to the Organic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tarnish Plant Bug

Posted by pattyw5 Z5 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 9, 12 at 16:48

I need help on battling the tp bug. I came here because most of you understand why I won't use pesticides. Besides they have already documented chemical resistance in this pest. This little guy is devastating in large numbers in most food crops. I believe their so bad here because the drought has destroyed their natural feeding grounds. If you think theirs no devastating pest of daylilies ya haven't met tpb. I don't even wish to mention whats happened to the veggie garden. Can anyone tell me for sure wether or not something like safers insecticidal soap will hurt preying mantis and lady bugs.
There are mantis out there by the armloads and some lady bugs but this drought seems to be taking a toll on any other predators. If anyone has ideas it will be greatly appreciated. Pat

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tarnish Plant Bug

I just googled it. The advice was to control weeds. They live and hide in the weeds. If they don't have weeds it will cut down on the population.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here