Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tnnewbie_2010

Cucumber dying from roots up...zucchini also.

tnnewbie_2010
13 years ago

We are first time gardeners and have done lasagna style soil for our vegetables. The zucchini, cucumber and tomatoes all grew splendidly and the leaves are all very green and lush. Then overnight one of our cucumber plants started dying. It almost looked as if the roots just rotted. Then the zucchini plant at the base started looking rotten too. The 4 cucumber plants have now all died the same way. The zucchini leaves are still green for now, but it also looks like it is rotting or being eaten maybe, from the bottom up. We got about 10-15 cucumbers before they all died. The last ones we picked looked a little diseased or effected by fungus, but the first ones were great and beautiful. Out of our 4 huge zucchini plants we've had about 5 zucchini all together. After hearing that zucchini plants are prolific producers I started wondering what was going on. I have pictures but am not sure how to post them. If anyone can help we would greatly appreciate some advice. My husband did see a couple of cucumber beetles, but not a lot. The cucumber leaves all looked perfect until one day they just started dying. Could it be a watering problem? A sun problem? We only get sun from noon to 6ish, but it is the only place on our property that does get sun. Hope someone can help!

Comments (8)