Return to the Organic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Potato Dry Rot

Posted by slacker (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 22, 09 at 13:39

Well I am really getting an education on potatoes, via trial and error. I am getting rotting potatoes post harvest. I looked it up and it is dry rot or Michigan potato disease. Is there anything I can do organically to stop the dry rot?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Potato Dry Rot

Potato Dry Rot is caused by any one of several disease pathogens that enter the tuber where it has been bruised during harvest. This is one, of several, potato disease that can occur in potatoes grown in Michigan, or anywhere else, and is not "Michigan Potato Disease" (a web search will find several sites that talk about Michigan potato diseases one of which is Dry Rot)
How do you prevent this problem? Start with certified disease free seed potatoes and then do not bruise the tuners at harvest.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here