Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
the_analyst

Scale on Peace Lilies

the_analyst
15 years ago

Hello everyone! I'm copying this post from "houseplants" since I wasn't receiving any replies.

I wanted to know if anyone has good ways of getting rid of and preventing scale on peace lilies. I have a large peace lily in my office at work, and every few months or so scale appears on the stalks. I did you an insectidable soap on and off for years and would cut off the leaves/stalks with scale. I'm afraid my attempts merely rid the scale that is visable, but I'm not certain if there are eggs somewhere in the plant.

As said above, the plant is large and in my office (second floor), so I typically try to do my best taking care of the plant in the office without having to have it leave the building. I did have to repot it a few years ago, and it was a bit challenging carrying it up and down the stairs, let alone having it sit in my car without dirt getting on the seats/floor.

Additionally, I do have Organicide which would probably work, however it has a great amount of neem oil in it. I'm not a fan of neem oil yet while I tolerate it at home,I wouldn't want to have to stink up the office with it and make my colleague suffer. Any other suggestions?

Sarah

Comments (5)