Return to the Organic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Found a bug on my daughters bed a tiny yellow worm?

Posted by terestrife none (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 22, 11 at 6:37

Found a bug on my daughters bed a tiny clear yellow worm?
it seemed to be less than half an inch, it was a soft solid yellow color. it wasnt thick. what could it be? and how did it get there? my daughter never eats in her bed. it didnt seem to have hair it was also a pale yellow a little thicker than a rice grain, and its shape was similar.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Found a bug on my daughters bed a tiny yellow worm?

also, its skin was not rubbery, but soft as when my husband pressed on it with a paper it squished and became tiny easily.

o

Unless you look through an insect book, don't think you'll ever know. This was probably caught on her skirt or shorts when she was outdoors.

o

can it be a maggot?

o

The description sounds like a maggot to me too.
Impossible to know without seeing it though.
You will find them in the oddest places. What often happens is something like a mouse or rat will die in a wall or attic and a fly lays its eggs. When the larvae pupate they need a dry place so they'll crawl away from the "scene of the crime", popping out of little cracks and seams, landing who knows where.

o

Anything with wings usually has a "worm" or "caterpillar" stage in its' development. It could have fallen off of a tree overhanging the house or crawled to the house from some other nearby plant.

If you notice little miller moths flying around inside your house, you may want to investigate your food pantry for a compromised package that could be harboring those.

o

if it is a maggot should i be concerned that there might be more in her room? and will they harm her?

o

If it is a maggot then there could possibly be more or that one could have just been particularly adventurous. The odds that any harm would come of it are next to none.

o

OK thanks!

o

Do you have pets?

If you truly want any chance of ID from this forum, you'll need to take some good images and post them here. Your 'bug' could be one of zillion things. We certainly can't speculate how it got in your daughter's bed without knowing what it is.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here