Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alvy_gw

Corn Gluten - Looking for Very Specific Info

Alvy
12 years ago

Hi everyone,

Last year I used Corn Gluten Meal on a huge (300ft x 20ft) mulched area on my property to prevent weeds. It worked great, and the difference between the areas with it and without it was undeniable. I know there's some debate about it, but for me, the stuff works!

The problem is finding it in bulk. The place I used last year (via amazon.com) has upped their prices, and I know that cheaper options exist.

I have done HOURS and DAYS of research online, and called literally DOZENS of feed stores in Southern California, but to no avail. And everything online is so vague: "try feed stores in your area, they're super cheap!" "lots of online sellers," "I bought it at a local place for $8 for 50 pounds, but strangely don't know the name or number of where I got it!" etc. I'm reaching the end of my rope.

So, I'm turning to you lovely people for help :-)

WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR:

--Corn Gluten Meal in bulk, as cheap as possible, but at least under about $30 for 50 pounds.

--If you've found it, then specific info on where you got it (Feed stores, Co-Ops, Granaries, Farm Suppliers), including the name of the business and some kind of contact info like a phone number, address, website, email, or even simply the company name, city, and state. It doesn't matter what state it is located in: if the price is as low as some people say, then even with shipping it will be a good deal.

WHAT I'M *NOT* LOOKING FOR

--Product that comes in 5-25 pound bags, labeled as "pre-emergent herbicide." The prices are several times higher than what you can get in bulk.

Thanks, everyone!

Comments (4)