Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sheila_gw

Kodak Times Square

sheila
16 years ago

I just got an email from Kodak - this image been selected to be their Photo of the Day for March 30 and also to be on their big Billboard in Times Square that same day - it will be appearin every few minutes.

I'm stunned.

Image link:

Comments (13)

• mwoods
    16 years ago

Sheila...what a wonderful way to be recognized for your hard work and it does not suprise me at all.This is such a huge deal. Their sign is right on the Marriott Marquis Hotel which is smack dab in the Theater District. That is also where hundreds of people go to get their tickets and that sign is HUGE. I've seen it many many times and stood under it while waiting in line.Congratulations! Here's what it looks like.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:135533}}

• oscarthecat
    16 years ago

Wow what a photo. How do you do it? Steve in Baltimore County.

• lilod
    16 years ago

I love the photo, it definitely needs to be put up for all to see - BIG!

• User
    16 years ago

I remember the story of the dogs antics from some time back. What a great opportunity and cool picture.

• Josh
    16 years ago

This was one of my favorites of all you've posted ... I'm so delighted for you and glad so many others will now get an opportunity to see it. Congratulations, Sheila! (And give old "Blueboy" a treat...lol) josh

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    16 years ago

Sheila, congratulations! I told you we were all going to say, "we knew her when". You're going to go far with this. I finallly found my CD that got buried for me. KIDS! It's in my remember spot just waiting for me to finish what I started years ago. You'll have to come see the prints hanging in my kitchen when I finish remodeling.

Steve, she doesn't just have an eye, she's been doing this her whole life in one way or another. One of her jobs after coming across the "pond" was to find good camera angles for television shots. There's much more. But she also put so much of her personality into what she does, that's what the more than an eye part is. She's amazing isn't she?

• beanmomma
    16 years ago

Gosh!

the texture on that nose is just great! Wonderful subject and fantastic photo!

Congratulations!

• Pidge
    16 years ago

I stopped by the gallery this morning just for a change of pace and here is this amazing story of your achievement. It's a superb photo, as Kodak recognizes, and now literally thousands of folks will see it. I take snapshots, you are an artist.

• anneliese_32
    16 years ago

What a great picture. Congratulations.

• mawheel
    16 years ago

Sheila, I'm posting this in the Gallery, b/c perhaps my embarrassment won't be seen by everybody! I'm referring to the fact that, in reading your post titled "Re: Kodak Times Square" on the regular page, I also saw Marda's post with the "Kodak Sign" link. I figured, "O.K., I'll click on that link." I have to tell you that when I saw the picture on the sign--a mother and kids looking up at a photo of two small kids--I was nonplussed--if that's the right word. I know what a wonderful talent you have and thought to myself, what am I missing or not seeing?

Even though I usually check the Gallery every few days to see if anything new has been posted, I didn't do so at that time, so thought the picture on the Kodak site was yours! Today, when I read the latest postings to your message, I thought, "Let me look at that picture, again." This time, I went to the Gallery. BOY!! Do I feel stupid!! However, I LOVE your picture and can imagine feeling that doggie's nose thru the hole in the fence. I apologize for my denseness and truly congratulate you on a wonderful picture.

Ann

• firstkim
    16 years ago

I'm so thrilled for you! Congratulations!

• husky004_
    16 years ago

Congratulations Sheila!

• kathyjane
    16 years ago

Just happened by tonight....
    The depth and detail of your photo allow so much for the eye to study.
    The color is very fresh and clean.
    It will be beautiful in Times Square, Sheila.
    You are such a talented photographer and having that Kodak honor is most deserved.
    (I still take 'walks' with your brother and his dog out on the moors of England.....sigh...can't tell you how long and hard I've studied that pic over the years.
    Still fascinated.)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living
More Discussions