Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suzanne_il

postcard

suzanne_il
17 years ago

{{gwi:135626}}

This is one of those postcard shots - you know the kind. You say, "Wish you were here".......but in reality I wouldn't wish that upon you because it would mean that you'd have been exposed to the Norwalk virus that I contracted on the cruise ship that left me reported to the CDC and quarantined to my cabin for three days.

This is the one venture off the ship and speaks more to "framing" a photo than anything else. It looks like a beautiful tropical scene, but this is one of the few photogenic places on Grand Cayman Island, which seemed more like a scrubby sandbar to me than anything else. Ellen said it's much more beautiful view from under the water with snorkel or scuba gear, but unfortunately I didn't have the energy.....sigh.

Comments (6)

• jazmynsmom
    17 years ago

Ack! Norwalk! I've had it! Awful beyond words. We had the CDC calling all the guests at my sister's wedding and begging for us to FedEx Ziplock baggies full of "specimens" after our outbreak.

I sincerely hope you're feeling better. Recovey takes a loooooong time and the process is painful. And the thought of snorkeling while under that virus' spell is humorously horrific.

I am glad you got to get away, but am sorry beyond words that you had to meet Mr. Norwalk. :o(

(And you did do a nice job of framing that photo. The view looks lovely.)

• mwoods
    17 years ago

Beautiful picture Suzanne.Did you take that at Rum Point? How awful to get sick on a cruise espcecially when you were looking forward to it so much.

• suzanne_il
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I've looked at a map of Grand Cayman in an attempt to determine where we were, but I don't think it was Rum Point. This was a small inlet on the grounds of a private all-inclusive resort that the cruise ship has contracted with to allow tour participants to stop and snorkel for awhile. It was on the north shore. Grand Cayman is a pretty small place and difficult to get lost.

We did have a good laugh with the tour guide when I wondered out loud why in the world anyone would need a Hummer on this island! Yes, there was a Hummer driving around. He said, "The same reason they need Jaguars and 170 mph capable souped up Mustangs!"

• Janis_G
    17 years ago

Beautiful Suzanne, just beautiful.
    The snorkeling there is great but we loved the boat
    and could see all the fish without getting wet.
    The boys had a great time in the water.

Suzanne, what a bummer to have to stay in quarantine
    while on vacation. I hope you recover fully soon, like
    Michelle says it takes a while to get over that one.

• Pidge
    17 years ago

Ouch on the virus, Suzanne, but the photo is wonderful. Hope you were able to salvage anough of the vacation to have some fun.

• wandaredhead
    17 years ago

suzanne,
    Just read this post.
    Beautiful pic.
    So sorry you've been ill.
    Hope you're up to snuff now.
    Beautiful pic!!
    I love to snorkel.
    It is another world under there.
    Went swimming with the BIG sting rays jut off Grand Cayman.
    I highly recommend it if anything ever gets the chance.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio
More Discussions