Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jewelry

Posted by suzanne_il z5 IL (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 14, 07 at 17:19

Here's a photo that gives the general idea of the lariat. I didn't realize how difficult it was to photograph "product". All the photo of the lariat hanging around a sweater turned out awful...it just didn't look like anything.

Anyway, this shows the spacing and the knots. These are 8mm aurora borealis bicones. After you cut the tail off the final knot you touch it with the smallest amount of superglue to keep it from unraveling.

I'll add other entries with additional designs. My computer currently requires me to close a window before opening another. ARGGGH.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jewelry and more

Here's the necklace and earring set made from Apple Coral Rondelles, silver daisies, white heishi and square black glass beads. The Apple Coral is from a bead shop in Hot Springs, Ark and the beads were my vacation souvenir!

o
RE: Jewelry 2

Here's a charm bracelet in beach glass colors made with handmade charms.

o
RE: Jewelry 3

These earrings will have all the gardeners and bird lovers scrambling for the jewelry supply sites. The hummingbirds, dragonflies and bees were purchased when a local bead store went out of business. :^(

o
RE: Jewelry 4

Simple earrings are insanely easy to make. If I pick up 50 head pins I can put together 25 pairs of earring in an evening. It makes it very, very diffcult knowing the materials and time involved, to pay the department store prices for a pair of earrings.

The bees:

The photo of the dragonfly earrings came out a little fuzzy, so I'll spare you. HA.

Great creating everyone!

o
RE: Jewelry

• Posted by josh z8a (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 14, 07 at 17:45

Very creative, Susanne...isn't it fun to put together your own creations? And speaking of cost, I've seen earrings of small flat pieces of paper mache with a couple of streaks of acrylic paint sell for $100. The good thing is, they were easy to duplicate and you could choose your own colors. josh

o

Suzanne, your jewelry is really beautiful and I especially like the charm bracelet. I am absolutely going to make me one of those.
I bought some lovely beads today, not exactly cheap, but I already know who the product will go to when I get to work on Friday.
Suzanne, I've only made one pair of earrings and even with making the loop it took only minutes. Now I have to say that there is a lot of stuff in the stores that still lures me, but how cool to be able to make earrings that blend with a necklace without paying a lot of bucks for them.

o

Suzanne, beautiful work - and nicely shot. Product is hard to shoot.

I too like the bracelet best. We have a great beadstore in town, I might have to try my hand at this.

o

How beautiful. I want that Apple Coral Rondelle necklace and earrings.

o

suzanne,
They are absolutely beautiful!!

o

Suzanne, I love the hummingbird earrings! Have you been to the website Shipwreck Beads? It's a short drive from where I live, I've been wanting to go. They have everything you could possibly need! I have a drawer full of beads, I havent been inspired lately! But seeing your pictures has sparked my creativity! Thanks!! You do great work!!

o

Shoot, I wanted to see them.
Doggone it!!!!

o

Jan,did you just wake up from a long winter's nap? :) lol.

How did you find it?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here