Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suzanne_il

Jewelry

suzanne_il
17 years ago

Here's a photo that gives the general idea of the lariat. I didn't realize how difficult it was to photograph "product". All the photo of the lariat hanging around a sweater turned out awful...it just didn't look like anything.

{{gwi:135677}}

Anyway, this shows the spacing and the knots. These are 8mm aurora borealis bicones. After you cut the tail off the final knot you touch it with the smallest amount of superglue to keep it from unraveling.

I'll add other entries with additional designs. My computer currently requires me to close a window before opening another. ARGGGH.

Comments (12)

• suzanne_il
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Here's the necklace and earring set made from Apple Coral Rondelles, silver daisies, white heishi and square black glass beads. The Apple Coral is from a bead shop in Hot Springs, Ark and the beads were my vacation souvenir!

{{gwi:135678}}

• suzanne_il
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Here's a charm bracelet in beach glass colors made with handmade charms.

{{gwi:135679}}

• suzanne_il
    Original Author
    17 years ago

These earrings will have all the gardeners and bird lovers scrambling for the jewelry supply sites. The hummingbirds, dragonflies and bees were purchased when a local bead store went out of business. :^(

{{gwi:135680}}

• suzanne_il
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Simple earrings are insanely easy to make. If I pick up 50 head pins I can put together 25 pairs of earring in an evening. It makes it very, very diffcult knowing the materials and time involved, to pay the department store prices for a pair of earrings.

The bees:

{{gwi:135681}}

The photo of the dragonfly earrings came out a little fuzzy, so I'll spare you. HA.

Great creating everyone!

• Josh
    17 years ago

Very creative, Susanne...isn't it fun to put together your own creations? And speaking of cost, I've seen earrings of small flat pieces of paper mache with a couple of streaks of acrylic paint sell for $100. The good thing is, they were easy to duplicate and you could choose your own colors. josh

• Pidge
    17 years ago

Suzanne, your jewelry is really beautiful and I especially like the charm bracelet. I am absolutely going to make me one of those.
    I bought some lovely beads today, not exactly cheap, but I already know who the product will go to when I get to work on Friday.
    Suzanne, I've only made one pair of earrings and even with making the loop it took only minutes. Now I have to say that there is a lot of stuff in the stores that still lures me, but how cool to be able to make earrings that blend with a necklace without paying a lot of bucks for them.

• sheila
    17 years ago

Suzanne, beautiful work - and nicely shot. Product is hard to shoot.

I too like the bracelet best. We have a great beadstore in town, I might have to try my hand at this.

• mwoods
    17 years ago

How beautiful. I want that Apple Coral Rondelle necklace and earrings.

• wandaredhead
    17 years ago

suzanne,
    They are absolutely beautiful!!

• shell1989
    17 years ago

Suzanne, I love the hummingbird earrings! Have you been to the website Shipwreck Beads? It's a short drive from where I live, I've been wanting to go. They have everything you could possibly need! I have a drawer full of beads, I havent been inspired lately! But seeing your pictures has sparked my creativity! Thanks!! You do great work!!

• Janis_G
    15 years ago

Shoot, I wanted to see them.
    Doggone it!!!!

• sheila
    15 years ago

Jan,did you just wake up from a long winter's nap? :) lol.

How did you find it?