Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sheila_gw

Sunset In A Bottle

sheila
16 years ago

I get spectacular sunsets that flood my living room with beautiful light but the other day was really amazing - this amber light flooded in...luckily camera was at hand and here's the result. I haven't manipulated this image except to compose the frame.

Image link:

Comments (10)

• esteinberg
    16 years ago

Beautiful! That amber/gold light is stunning. I love the bottle (?) reflected in a mirror, reflected in a mirror, reflected... What's that called? "infinite regression"? Are Pacific coast sunsets typically "richer" than Atlantic ones? I can't recall that we ever have sunsets of such color in the Midwest.

• sun_n_surf_chaser
    16 years ago

I love this one Sheila. It deserves to be framed.

• sheila
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ellen, these are three bottles from the Straus Family Creamery, who sell their organic milk in glass bottles. I should post my black and white version of this.

Di, this one is going into the County Fair and on my wall...I'm glad you like it.

• calliope
    16 years ago

Oh geesh, Sheila. I'm gonna covet this one as well. It's in the style of Johannes Vermeer. You've got the style of the still life nailed. Is the glass bubbly, or is that the endless reflection? It gives the feel of brush strokes, and that is what makes this photograph so arty.

I should take a photograph of my kitchen hearth. That is where I set the picture of the pomegranate....right in the middle of the mantle. It brings a comment from many who see it. My son-in-law actually knew what fruit it was, lol. Next to it, sits the cecropia moth I put into a glass egg, suggested by Josh. I need to thank her for that idea. And next to that sits a whittled wooden primitive chicken Marda gave me when she visited.

• sheila
    Original Author
    16 years ago

No, the glass isn't bubbly Suzy, it's just the light refracting on the glass I guess.

I will post the black and white version when the sun had gone down a little.

Your hearth sounds wonderful. Do take photograph.

• mwoods
    16 years ago

I sure need to get over here more often. This is just beautiful and Sheila,if it were lined up with a bunch of other photos,I'd know it was yours. I might enlarge and print out this one if you don't mind.

Ellen,I've lived in the midwest, on the east coast and on the west coast and the further west you go the more glorious are the sunsets as far as deep rich colors. The sunsets in Arizona are to die for.

• spage1
    16 years ago

Oops, there it is. I too like the black and white the best.

• norar_il
    16 years ago

You do take the most amazing pictures. My favorite is still the house with late afternoon sun on it.

• Josh
    16 years ago

Just exquisite, Sheila...and I love the fact that someone is still using glass bottles for milk. The Strauss family should use this as advertisement...if I were you I'd contact them and/or the ad agency. "Sunshine in every bottle"...teehee, the old copywriter in me. josh

• beanmomma
    16 years ago

A beautiful photograph!

I like them both, but LOVE the warmth of this one. Great job!

Sponsored
More Discussions