Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jazmynsmom

A day in the hammock with my friend

jazmynsmom
15 years ago

Lovely lazy day today. Sunny, warm, no work, good book, hammock, and a good friend.

Here we are headed out to our {{gwi:136530}}. She saw me get a book, so she ran to beat me there. She can sit beneath me for hours, betraying her presence with only the occasional bump from below as she repositions herself.

Our quite loll was disturbed by the discovery of a burrowing beasty. Since Izzy is the designated Getter of Things in our yard, it behooved her to eradicate (or at least encourage the relocation of) the vermin in question. She's quite the digger. (My first attempt at posting a short movie.)

Later, she {{gwi:136531}}... remaining vigilant as ever. She's not much of a reader, but she's a great listener. She is my shadow, whether I'm deadheading in the garden, being lazy in the hammock, or running upstairs, forgetting why, going back downstairs, remembering why I was up there and returning. I am ever the drum major in a little brown dog parade. Her friendship is a gift I will cherish forever.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living
More Discussions