Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calliope_gw

Wildflower Bouquet

calliope
15 years ago

Ok, I figures I can join this week's picture sharing. I've seen wildflowers up in the field by the wood's edge I can gather for a picture. I didn't feel like gathering blackberries today, since I did it yesterday, but as long as I am up there...........

I have heard Bobwhite quail for at least a month, first down by the grotto and then up where I berry. Sure enough, I go around a corner of the labyrinth my dh has cut for me so I can access berries, and I flush it. Amazing! First time since I lived in Missouri I have flushed a quail. Go around the next bend, and flush one again.

So, I leave my little adventure with a quart of fresh berries, a bouquet of wildflowers and seeing the Bobwhite up close and personal, finally. Nice dollop of cream on the cake.

I can identify most of the flowers in this one. Queen Anne's Lace, erigeron (flea bane), cersiums, the last ditch lily of the season, cat tails, an almost blooming Joe Pye Weed, wild perennial sweet pea, Goldenrod just opening, rail road flowers as my Mama used to call them (wild phlox), elderberry blooms, and asclepsius or butterfly weed. Last but not least, I found some honeysuckle blooming so it smells good too. I was very honest and didn't pick any of the wildflowers I have planted over the years, nor any garden flowers I know to be native to our county. These were all (including the blackberries) just a gift to enjoy.

{{gwi:136617}}

Comments (5)

Sponsored
More Discussions