Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suzanne_il

Fireplace Logs - burning

suzanne_il
16 years ago

I'm amazed at how realistic the flames look. Sorry about the fuzzy nature of the photo - low light.

{{gwi:137209}}

Comments (5)

• sheila
    16 years ago

Excellent! As I said in the other post, I saw these in a catalog yesterday - your stain choice is excellent.

That same catalog has a small "stove" and if it burns like this I wish hadn't just spent lot of money on a propane stove that what with installation charges was very expensive. It does look great though.

You're going to be so cozy in your basement!

• mawheel
    16 years ago

Suzanne, if you ever read this, could you please tell me if those are electric logs? We have a gas fireplace, and with the price of propane going ever higher, we are seriously considering having the gas cut off. However, we don't want the mess of "real" logs. Your picture is so realistic, but I thought I saw an extension cord out the back. if so, I'd appreciate knowing the name of the manufacturer of those logs. Thanks in advance.

Ann

• suzanne_il
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi M - This is a sealed insert. The whole thing slides into the fireplace surround and plugs in. It is 5,000 BTU, not a ton of heat but not bad. The "flame" part is very realistic looking. We got the insert at Lowe's and it comes in several different sizes, this is the smaller one. The manufacturer is Dimplex. Hope this helps.

• mawheel
    16 years ago

Suzanne, thanks so much. That is just the information I wanted. :>)

• ElectricFireplaceGuy
    9 years ago

I know what you mean about how realistic they look! Electric fireplaces these days have really realistic looking flames, and all you need to do is simply plug into any standard outlet. They are ventless, smokeless, and are easier to install than any propane or gas fireplace. Besides Dimpex, ClassicFlame also has a nice range of excellent electric fireplaces.

Here is a link that might be useful: Electric Fireplace Market