Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tisha_

Christmas Tree

tisha_
16 years ago

I got my Christmas tree put up this weekend. The picture is kinda fuzzy, but you get the idea.

{{gwi:137263}}

Now, let us see yours!

Comments (8)

• sheila
    16 years ago

Very pretty, tisha. A lovely shape and sweet ornaments.

Christmas for me is not a month long event - no decorating for me at all until the actual week of Christmas.

• tisha_
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks, Sheila.

The tree was my Grandma's, so the longer I can have it up, the longer I have to be nostalgic. :-)

I've always put it up the day after Thanksgiving. I just love the way the house looks when it's decorated for Christmas. Plus, I like the idea of people looking in my front window while they're driving by, and thinking, "My, what a pretty tree!"

LOL Is that vanity or something else? Something sinful, I'm sure. :-P

• mwoods
    16 years ago

Nice job. It's hard to tell but it looks as if some of the ornaments are pretty old. I love old ornaments..especially those made by family members over the years. No tree to show yet. We always have a live tree and never put it up until at least the 2nd week in December.

• tisha_
    Original Author
    16 years ago

MWoods, someday they'll be old. LOL But right now, the oldest is probably only about 10 years old. Most of them I've gotten either for Christmas or in an ornament exchange or something. Plus, I don't have kids, so I buy my dog an ornament every year. And, it helps that I collect snowmen, so I have lots of snowmen ornaments.

I'm allergic to the real trees, so I have to stick with the fake.

• Josh
    16 years ago

Lovely tree, Tisha. I hope we'll see others here...thanks for livening up the Gallery...it gets dark and quiet here sometimes...LOL josh

• tisha_
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Josh. I hope we see other people's trees too. I love looking!

• tisha_
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Anyone have any pics of their decorations? I'd love to see them if you do!

I took a few more around the house last night. Nothing fancy, but I think it looks pretty. :-)

My little snowman manger scene. I think it's adorable. I'm sure there are some people who would be offended, but I hope none of you are.

{{gwi:137265}}

My card tree:

{{gwi:137266}}

Dining room and new stockings (I got them at wal-mart... I think they're just too cute and match everything so nicely!)

{{gwi:137267}}

View from dining room, through kitchen, into living room:

{{gwi:137268}}

And last but not least... you gotta have at least one Leg Lamp shining brightly at Christmastime! LOL

{{gwi:137269}}

• mawheel
    16 years ago

What fun! It's apparent that you enjoy the season and your decorations are delightful. I especially like the second picture of your tree--taken from the kitchen, perhaps? -- because in the slightly darkened room, it really stands out.

Sponsored
More Discussions