Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 1 - 27 -14

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 27, 14 at 0:05

It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade.
Charles Dickens

Let me be the first to tell you, drinking alcohol is the worst thing to do in cold weather. Hot soup is the best because the process of digesting food helps to warm you up.
Morgan Freeman

How can you expect a man who's warm to understand one who's cold?
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Man dies of cold, not of darkness.
Miguel de Unamuno

Love keeps the cold out better than a cloak.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 1 - 27 -14

Glad you are back Don.
For some reason the first quote brought the song," Sunny side of the street to mind", I put a link below.
Nothing like a little jazz on a very early Monday morning.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sunny side of the street.

o

Like the quotes, but I would prefer a bit wet and cold to all that dry and warm we are having

o

If water just would be easy to ship so we could help out Lilo. Our water worry is right now broken pipes. What we waste in letting pipes drip overnight would help in the West.

Cold weather quotes are great from the inside. Don't really know if I agree with Morgan Freeman. A hot Toddy or Grog would not hurt, I think. Hot and callories to burn!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here