Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

quotes 1 -12 -13

User
11 years ago

Today, I pray for peace as I do everyday. Today, I pray for all the innocent lives sacrificed due to humanity's lack of compassion. Today I pray for all those who grieve the loss of loved ones at the hands of those who have created gods in their own images and brainwashed others to believe in them. Today, I pray for those who have taken their own lives to escape the pain others have inflicted upon them. Today I pray for the greedy who create wars and disease to obtain more. Today I pray for all those oppressed through governments, religions, social consciousness, prejudices, discriminations, bigotries, stereotypes and labeling that they might be freed from their oppressors. Today I pray for the self-righteous who find fault with the races, ages, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, abilities, cultures, behaviors, religious/spiritual beliefs or lack thereof, academic achievements, socio-economic statuses, bodily appearances and adornments, attempts of survival, family structures, friends, and possessions of others. Today, I pray for Mother Earth and all her children--no matter if they live on land, sea or air and for those who seek to destroy her beauties and wonders. Today, I pray for myself. I pray that I may be more open minded, open hearted, to share what I can with who I can, non-conditionally. Today, I pray for peace. Will you join me?

Keith Sliter
A friend on Face Book

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
Lucretius

Thus the sum of things is ever being reviewed, and mortals dependent one upon another. Some nations increase, others diminish, and in a short space the generations of living creatures are changed and like runners pass on the torch of life.
Lucretius

Comments (3)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor
More Discussions