Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 1 -5 -13

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 5, 13 at 0:49

It may be that the satisfaction I need depends on my going away, so that when I've gone and come back, I'll find it at home.
Rumi

Cease to inquire what the future has in store, and take as a gift whatever the day brings forth.
Horace

Refrain from asking what going to happen tomorrow, and everyday that fortune grants you, count as gain.
Horace

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 1 -5 -13

My SO is often times days, weeks, months and years ahead in his constant stream of thought. I am very much in the moment, which sometimes leaves me lonely, thankfully, I have "in the moment" friends.

o

As I said in my poem Time,"Wear the moments like a string of pearls" - thanks for the quotes to remind me

o

There is not much I can do about tomorrow, but I can look up from what I do right now and enjoy the ray of sun on my neighbors holly tree or the contrail patterns in the sky. The people news might not be enjoyable, but nature always has something new, pretty or interesting.

o

I live for today but I save for tomorrow.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here