Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 1 - 20 -14

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 20, 14 at 0:59

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.
Terry Pratchett

Ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of Time.
H. P. Lovecraft

I like the fact that in ancient Chinese art the great painters always included a deliberate flaw in their work: human creation is never perfect.
Madeleine L'Engle

There is an ancient legend which warns that, should we ever learn our true origin, our universe will instantly be destroyed.
Len Wein

Meditation while walking has a long, noble history in ancient spiritual disciplines.
Andrew Weil

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 1 - 20 -14

Wonderful quotes, each one offers something to think about,
My cats know about Terry Pratchett;s quote and don't let me forget it (smiling)
All the others are definitely thought-provoking
Thank you

o

Very nice quotes today, Don,
The Norwegians also believe that only god makes it perfect, we put a flaw in our work.

o

My cat did not let me forget it yesterday - 6 months check-up. She disappeared into thin air and decided to see the vet 2 hours late.

Like all the others, especially the Weil quote. I walk whenever something bothers me.

o

Lol, at your cat story, anneliese. I wonder how they know what they know.
There is a vet office in our small shopping center and it is not
unusual to see people with cat carries , where there are very loud noises coming from that carrier.
Next door there is a Dog Wash shop, and we see dogs sort of slinking in, with their tail between their legs, heads down and looking totally miserable.
Poor babies, they don't know what's good for them, they just know they don't like any of it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here